Monday, September 05, 2005

mad dog n mad cops



today was interesting - we had the burn boys over and decided the best way to get tired out, slowed down and get more wood to whittle was to go for a walk, with christie our mad dog. we were walking through the forest, busy shooting at trees n stuff with the sling shot and the cap guns - and I noticed christie wasn't around at about the same time I noticed cars slowing down. we started calling our mad dog and at about the same time I noticed a herd of nervous deer in the forest. she returned to us with adrenaline pumping at about the same time I noticed a cop car was slowly making its way off the road. i quickly made my way around a fence and called for the children to hurry up, too late they only started running when they noticed the cop car making its way towards them through the forest. yes officer these 5 children are mine, yes, I'm not from this country, yes, I own the dog. no, I didn't know she was causing mayhem and splitting herds of deer and almost causing car pile ups. yes, i'm thankful its not going to court and i'm thankful you didn't shoot her and i don't have to pay anything. yes, i'll keep her on a lead...and you can trust me, you don't have to go and watch us all walk away from that inconspicuous hiding place behind the shrubbery!

an incident like that can only be followed by a good feed of mini chocolate coated donuts.

No comments: