Monday, July 02, 2007

Wet day at the Wetlands

Today, Os and I met friends; Michael and the gorgeous little Lainie for a day at the WWF - no we weren't watching wrestling. We were bird watching and mostly frog watching. Oscar suddenly became extremely stubborn about catching a frog. They were everywhere, lovely green ones, brown ones, big ones and little ones. We love frogs.
Initially I was fighting his stubborness, I thought we should do it this way (like actually visit the whole place), then I argued that we are with other people and should consider them (wanting to see the place), then I saw that he was enjoying himself immensly...and learning. So I took up a seat under a tree, ate my lunch and relaxed in the light rain. After about an hour, I realized that we could use the plastic bucket the nectarines were in to scoop up a frog. Which I promptly did, he got to name it and hold it before it jumped away. SUCH a fun day!
The Wetlands Centre Report

It was very fun today at the Wetland Centre. We saw a little track into very long grass and we found a pond full of frogs. There was one green frog and lots of brown frogs. I was trying to catch one. It was very fun there because we saw lots of frogs. I saw a frog croaking and its cheeks were getting very big when it croaked. I learnt about ducks, frogs, pond snails and bugs. It was very very fun.

pond dipping, studying bugs (note bullrush underarm...)

1 comment:

Dragonflydownunder said...

So fun chasing frogs! I love frogs too. Sounds like it was a big learning curve for MUM too!