Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Home Educating

what a beeeeaaauutiful pencil hold and wrist!

I took Oscar out of school 3 weeks ago, straight after half term holidays. This is so that I can build his confidence in his writing and spelling and reading - literacy. It is working wonders! He is SO SO happy - no more waking me up at 7am with tears and upset about having to go to school. No where near as much anger as before. He is HAPPY to pick up a pencil and do writing now. We are doing a program called: Handwriting without Tears, which is going brilliantly, certainly no tears about writing anymore.



So, I bit the bullet and realized that noone was going to tell me what I should do with my child. The school was amazingly supportive. And while I feel like I should be more organized, we are happy. yay!

making a card for Olivers Christening

1 comment:

Leah said...

that's great! it takes courage to pull your child out of school. good for you. Is this just temporary, or you'll see as you go?